Back Roads

At the end of church today, one of my friends asked me if I knew the back way to my house. I recently moved here, so I admitted that I didn't. To be fair, I haven't really explored anything in the area, but with the lake so close, I know there's probably so much to discover. I'd been itching to do this anyway.

She was going to be following me to my house, but we decided to switch. So I followed behind her little blue car in the direction of my house as she led the way winding through the back roads.

Sheep and cows dotted the landscape in both directions. The worn wooden fences stood right next to the narrow road, so a lot of the animals were lazing away a few feet from my car as we drove past. One golden brown cow glistened in the sunlight as I watched the wind ruffle the tufts on top of her head.

Swinging near the lake, I realized for the first time how close my home actually was to the shore. I'm thrilled the weather is getting warmer so I can go out exploring more often now. 

Comments

  1. What a beautiful line: " One golden brown cow glistened in the sunlight as I watched the wind ruffle the tufts on top of her head." I hope you get to drive this way much more often; it sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your writing made me long for some wide open spaces. Enjoy your explorations! They will give you much to write about!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts