Posture

I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror the other day, like a candid mirror moment. I was kind of horrified to see how much I was slouching. I immediately took a step back, looked at myself, and straightened. It felt so much better. In that moment, I realized part of the reason why I may feel so exhausted lately is because I'm literally carrying so much weight on my shoulders by hunching over.

My goal for this year is to gain strength, in every way I possibly can, especially physically. I've heard that posture issues are one of the first problems to correct before the rest will follow, so I decided to go to work.

Time is an issue even as I discover what to do about it, so I pulled up a quick search on YouTube of posture exercises. The video below immediately popped out to me because: A) three is a very doable number of exercises for my cramped schedule and B) it didn't look like he was using a lot of extra equipment which I definitely do not have.


I sat on my bedroom carpet this morning, and pressed my wrists and elbows against the cool wall. He's completely right, that last exercise is by far the hardest. I hopped up and completed all of the other face pull reps and a few extra for good measure.

It's not like I can solve everything in one day, but I can already feel the muscles working and tightening. I know that I'll feel better standing taller.

🖤MK

#SOL18 Day 10

Comments

  1. I am so with you on this. I try to remember to sit up straight at my desk as well. I loved your line "I realized part of the reason why I may feel so exhausted lately is because I'm literally carrying so much weight on my shoulders by hunching over." I never thought of it that way before, but I think you are on to something! I am going to go on this journey with you. As I get older I keep getting shorter, so maybe I can stretch myself a little!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts