Acrostic

I haven't written one of these since 6th grade, but since I haven't been able to turn any of my other scrambled thoughts into a coherent piece of writing today, hopefully this will give me a bit of structure.

There are days, like today, when I reside more in other stories than in my own.
Outside of my story, I cry along to song lyrics and gasp at stories of young heroes.
Days end in exhaustion, and it's easier to escape into these other (seemingly) more interesting worlds.
Adventuring elsewhere lets me access doses of love, strength, hope, and joy.
Yet I know that these many stories all come from the same world, and I am part of it.

🖤MK

#SOL18 Day 9

Comments

  1. We live in stories,
    not always
    our own.
    Still, we turn the
    pages, discovering
    love, strength,
    hope, joy:
    dog-eared reminders
    of places
    we have been, and
    still have yet to
    go.

    -- doing some line-lifting (and adapting of phrases) to leave poems as comments this morning. Thank you for the inspiration.

    -Kevin
    http://dogtrax.edublogs.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely! Thank YOU for even more inspiration. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, franmcveigh sliced on acrostics today. I like: "I reside more in other stories than in my own" and "Adventuring elsewhere lets me access doses of love, strength, hope, and joy." This is what we want our students to experience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts